1. Open : When a bug is raised, the status of bug is active.
2. In-Progress : When developer identified the bug and bug are under fixing.
3. Not a Bug : If system or application is working according to requirement then developer mark bug as a not a bug/ not reproducible.
4. Deferred : When a bug is addressed to future release then bug assigned to deferred stage.
5. Duplicate : If the bug is already reported, then one bug status is changed to duplicate.
6. Fixed : The bug has been fixed and passed to testing team to verify the fix is working or not. The status of bug is changed to 'resolved'.
7. Reopened : When bug is not fixed or didn't work as expected then bug is changed from resolved to reopened.
8. Closed : If bug is verified and it is fixed then tester mark bug as closed. Duplicate or not a bug can also mark as closed bug.